Participate in iidata competitions—the highlight of the convention! Tackle data science problems in a constrained amount of time.
General qualifications: Team sizes are 1-5 people; Undergraduate and Masters students only.
Forward questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Timed Analysis Competition (on - site)
Competitors will be expected to do basic data cleaning techniques to answer questions tailored to different skill levels (Novice and Expert). Get ready for 3 hours of non-stop hacking!
Top teams in Expert level will be eligible for prizes.
- Novice: one or more upper-division Statistics/data analysis course, experience with basic data analysis in R/Python/etc.
- Expert: semi-comprehensive understanding of data science concepts, machine learning, programming experience
Predictive Modeling Competition (long - term)
The PMC tests your prediction and self-learning skills. If you are interested in answering a complex but fascinating prediction question, sign up! No prerequisites are required — we encourage everyone to apply!
On Jan 11, 2017, we will officially be releasing the data set to the public.Your team will have until Feb 1st to predict your findings. Top 5 finalists will be invited to present their models on the day of the convention for prizes!
Recommendations: Experience with R or Python, understanding of basic statistical concepts
Ambitious undergraduates will be provided the chance to showcase their statistical or data-science research to an esteemed panel of expert judges as well as the general public on the day of.
- Students from other universities are encouraged to participate
- Research need NOT yet be publishable by the time of the event. Works in progress/preliminary studies are acceptable.
- Only Undergraduates and Masters students may partake in this event.
Email email@example.com if you are interested in participating. Please include your research topic, a brief description, your team members, and school.